Subjectivity is something that has been around us from the monument that we were born and according to these theorists is something that is always going to be around us. In the introduction the line that caught my eye human beings we are the authors of all we think and speak…we shape the world around us (73).
Freud helped me understand the meaning of this by creating the world of the Conscious and the Unconscious. The fact that he used an infant (his grandson for that matter) is interesting because when I last played with my nephew I hid his favorite toy. He did not like to loose this object however, I also noticed that he overcame this loss and moved on. As for the social subjects I though it was strange that we master the feeling of loss according to Freud.
The Lacan article confused me A LOT… I did understand that the three stages but it seemed to that just ran into one another. The three stages range from infant to the age of one maybe one and half we babies began to speak. According to him that is when we become an actual object? I understand that he created the theories of subjectivity however he did not make it very clear like Fanon did.
The article is more about the subject of race and how one his viewed by one color. He is saying that it is easier for one to be within his or her own race or as I like to think of like-minded people. I do not think of this as a race issue but of a thinking issue.
There are so many things that can be subjected to subjectivity that it does not stop or even began with one thing, person, or place. It is all around us and will forever be around us. As long as we think we will be here (I think therefore I am)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment